Hi my name is Paloma, and I am a product specialist at Luxe Du Jour. I wanted to introduce myself to both new and existing Luxe Du Jour clients. I work out of the head office here in Calgary, Alberta.
My personal favourite brands are Hermès, Chanel, Gucci, Saint Laurent, and Fendi. In terms of products, I specialize in Hermes and Chanel, so I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about these brands.
Now, here are FIVE more things to know about me!
- I am an Accountant turned Designer Product Specialist
- Having studied Accounting in University, I was certain that I would end up as a Chartered Professional Accountant – I even got halfway through the Chartered Professional Accountant designation program before I realized that it wasn’t the path for me. I always knew I’d end up working in the field of fashion, I just wasn’t sure how I was going to get there. When I saw that Luxe Du Jour was hiring a product specialist, I jumped on the opportunity to be part of the company and next thing I knew, I was tendering my resignation at my firm, and waving adios to the world of numbers.
- I have wanted to work in fashion since I was little
- From the time I was old enough to start drawing, I loved to create original designs for my very own fashion and accessories line. My first dream job was to be a fashion designer (not an Accountant as you might have guessed based on my first fun fact), and throughout my life I have always gravitated toward the world of fashion. I love to experiment with clothes, and style outfits from head to toe. Need styling tips on your new bag? I’d be more than happy to help!
- The first designer bag I ever wanted was a Louis Vuitton monogram multicolore pochette accessories
- I mean, how could I not? This bag was everywhere when I was growing up! All the celebrities were rocking this style in the early 00’s and I wanted nothing more than to emulate their style. Unfortunately this was a hard sell for an eight year old, so my first designer bag purchase did not come until later in life. For my 23rd birthday, I treated myself to a pre-loved Fendi zucca accessories pochette bag as a celebratory gift for finishing University. It is safe to say that this purchase started an obsession, except now unfortunately, my tastes have become even more expensive. Good thing Luxe Du Jour has payment plans available!
- I got into designer bags when I started flipping designer goods as a side hustle
- One of my favourite pastimes is searching websites or combing through thrift store racks for designer goods, and purchasing them to resell or consign at a profit. I taught myself how to authenticate through photos using online resources, and jumped right into it. My craziest find was a Chanel 2.55 Reissue at Value Village. Yes you read that right – I found a full set, barely used, 100% authentic Chanel bag sitting behind the display case at a thrift store. I didn’t know a lot about the world of Chanel at the time I found this, but I knew for a fact that the bag was priced under market value. I put the purchase on my credit card, and was able to resell the bag through consignment for a 120% return on my investment.
- Consigning or selling with Luxe Du Jour is a great way to make money off of the bags sitting in your closet!
- I love to make people happy
- There is nothing that feels better to me than making someone feel special. This is why I love my role as a Product Specialist here at Luxe Du Jour. I get to help people find their perfect bag, and it brings me pure joy to see my clients happy with their new bag. I would love to help you find the perfect bag that integrates well into your wardrobe, and makes you feel confident.
I conduct services in English and Polish, and I can provide virtual viewings, photos and videos of our products, information about our products, and can even help facilitate payment directly!
Reach out to me directly at 587-437-9175 or set up a virtual appointment to view the bags you’ve had your eye on!
PS – Don’t forget to follow me on instagram – @luxedujour.paloma